Cyborg2 Community - Powered by UK2.NET & VPS.NET  

Go Back   Cyborg2 Community - Powered by UK2.NET & VPS.NET > FAQ's > How Do I Report Cheats?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14-04-05, 14:24   #1
Ricochet

How to Contact an admin via IRC

Please follow this guide if you wish to report about UK2 related hackers or problems etc...

Quote:
Firstly, go to http://www.mirc.com and download the latest version of mirc from a mirror.

Execute the file and let it install to \Program Files\mIRC.

Once installed, load up mIRC and you will see a box pop up with all sorts of options in....

Under the Connect option, add your full name and email address (Make them up if you feel the need), choose a nickname and an alternative, just in case the first choice is already in use by somebody else.

Tick Invisible mode.

Open up the Servers option and choose Quakenet from the IRC Network drop down box.
Pick a server of your choice, if you are in the UK, then a random UK server will do fine, although most should work regardless of your location.

Next click Options, and tick Connect on Startup. Note the Perform box in the middle, you will need to click that later....

Now go back to Connect-Servers and click Connect To Server, and unless you have firewall issues of which this post does not cover, you should connect (Click the QuakeNet tab on the left of the screen and check),

Next, in the long rectangular text box at the bottom, type the following:

/msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org HELLO email-me@whatever.com email-me@whatever.com

The email address that you use should be one that you can access, as your Quakenet Authentification details will be mailed there.

It should tell you that a username and password has been sent to you, and that you should go and check your email. In reality, I would expect to have to wait anywhere up to an hour for this mail, since Quakenet can be slow, you might not get it instantly.

Once you have your email, open up the options again (File-SelectServer-Connect-Options-Perform) and add the following line:

/msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org AUTH username password

The username and password will be found in the email you recieved.

Once this has been done, close the options and restart mIRC.

You should now be "authed" and will be told so on connect.

Type the following to join UK2's IRC channel:

/join #uk2

And there we all are