Cyborg2 Community - Powered by UK2.NET & VPS.NET  

Go Back   Cyborg2 Community - Powered by UK2.NET & VPS.NET > CYBORG2.COM Game Servers > Complaints and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-07, 13:37   #1
AlphaWhiskey
Cyborg2 Member

UK2 Community

What does everyone want from uk2? do you feel feel content with the servers and the forums or is there anything you'd like to see improved or added?

Is the community happy with just CS 1.6 servers or would members like to see a few different ones such as hl2 mod ones or even an unranked BF2 one? Does anyone feel this would open the community up a bit and hopefully get some more players into the forums?

I, personally, would love to see at least one or two server changes over to growing hl2 mods or bf2, such as PoE2, Insurgency etc from the dead cs servers like climbing or aim only maps. By all means keep the hardcore cs 1.6 servers like dust/italy but why not at least try something else? Yes I know it has been done before and didn't work but what's better, leaving UK2 in it's current state or falling 1.6 servers or trying to attract some new gamers from developing mods from different engines.

All i'm asking is what does the community feel, would you guys make use of a server change and what games/mods would you have?

Last edited by AlphaWhiskey : 10-02-07 at 13:44.
AlphaWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 13:40   #2
Re|oad
Cyborg2 Member

Quote:
What does everyone want from uk2? do you feel feel content with the servers and the forums or is there anything you'd like to see improved or added?

i would have to say i think some of the empty regular servers should be changed into something different and see if it gets more people going onto the servers.

Last edited by orangeyy : 10-02-07 at 13:41.
Re|oad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 14:44   #3
Steve-o||[^]
RARRRRRRR also PA

I`ve been thinking about this for a wee while now.

When you look at the server during 'active' periods, 231, 271, 292, 302 and 313 are nearly always chocked...232 gets busy every now and then.

The rest seem to only support a few users, here and there.

Now, take communities such as a3, they have only 4 servers and they are (nearly) always full all day, everyday. Why is that? It's not due to 'lack of players'.

As shown on the Steam Stats;
Quote:
Game Counter-Strike
Current Players 211,069
Current Servers 94,586
Player Minutes/Month 6.377 billion
with the next closest being 4 billion player minutes/mth less;
Quote:
Game Counter-Strike: Source
Current Players 67,998
Current Servers 43,147
Player Minutes/Month 2.052 billion
...I'm not saying we should straight up copy+paste their thinking, more like re-arangement/re-thinkage of the current server layout...with the possibility for some of the games Hunt mentioned - should resources allow it.

<rant>
I was playing on poolday lastnight, spawned in, got ak, headshot..headshot..headshot. Next round two of the three were like "aimbot!" - ok, so I play on UK2, and got a few mostly luck shots in. That automatically makes me a cheater? and considering they were in quick sucesssion not one of them had time to spec me before the next round

Then there`s this whole "lag!" excuse. So you lag a bit, and that means that it`s the server? welcome to t`Internet, where all things are based on the previous, current and next device YOUR ISP takes to get you to where ever you are playing!
</rant>

anywhos, increasing slots on the popular servers, and 'doing away' with less popular/unused servers would;
- make room for 'other games' to be tried out
- bring more people into the 'active' servers
though, the thing is finding a happy ballance of server size and game play - there`s nothing worse than being on a 24-slot server when 11 of the T`s/CT`s camp all round, every round! and that lone T/CT gets owned 30secs into each game and has to sit there waiting (or leave), this lone guy will usually be me...

Also, a bit of positive advertising around the net wouldn`t hurt...and may bring some 'new' players into the community, etc Maybe having some 'community nights' where we jump on a server and have a game of three!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Steve-o||[^] : 10-02-07 at 14:45.
Steve-o||[^] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 16:48   #4
Po3try
Feel Free To Hate

I might get spanked for digging this up but were the CS:S servers dumped 'cos no one played on them? It might be worth it just bringing back 2 cs:s servers (follow the crowd with an assault and maybe a mixed dust/2/aztec) and try to get some cs:s players regs on there. after all, rome wasn't wasn't built in a day and all that bollocks!
Old 05-03-08, 17:27   #5
RoGu3^SoLd13R
Banned By Popular Demand

here here
RoGu3^SoLd13R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 18:37   #6
Lullabye Skipp
MONSTER TRUCKER

I'd drop by...

“Work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation.”—Alasdair Gray.

“If these are the early days of a better nation, there must be hope, and a hope of peace is as good as any, and far better than a hollow hoarding greed or the dry lies of an aweless god.”—Graydon Saunders
Lullabye Skipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 07:50   #7
Alkie
Super Moderator

Cs:s gungame seems to do very well as does css Dm maybe a couple of them could help as well as ordinary Css servers........Worth maybe a try...........

it was purely coincidence that the name taktikal bore any resemblance to tiktak(tikal)
Alkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-09, 07:32   #8
Hattori
Cyborg2 Member

maybe we should advertise a little, i was in a pub surrounded by 30 35 years old lads and ladies and we were talking about old cs blabla how it was cool etc.
I think we/you should advertise like "old school servers" on cs1.6.

What about clan wars uk2 versus 247.cs or uk2 versus the french league ?

If needed I can even post for free on my cie network the UK2 banners and make them play during the day.

We/you should advertise on "the old time/back in the day type of game fun only servers"

What about an even on a massiv cs tournament with a 5 days trip in the alpes for the winning team (dont worry im buying)

What about inviting few clans (carrefully selected) to a tournament to run their own servers if they win?

Election of the most fair play player of all time that will have admin rights at the end?

what about the admin wearing outfit while they r playing when not undercover...

Well just few thoughts thats all

regards H.H
Hattori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-09, 15:30   #9
Daz_Rich
Ernie The Fish

perhaps the servers back up may help first
Daz_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 17:35   #10
wooly-back-jack
Cyborg2 Member

not been active on ere for a while but I used to love the 1.6 custom server (not fy and aim I mean proper customs!)
wooly-back-jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 20:38   #11
mrs.fruitcake
cyborg

I think we should do like last time. Make Rooty and Grinch work their arses off to get e few servers up and than no one goes on them

That was fun, a bit rude perhaps, but still fun!!
mrs.fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 21:23   #12
Daz_Rich
Ernie The Fish

film server was good
i want css server up then i can beg to get a map on
Daz_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 16:18   #13
LeonN
Cyborg2 Head Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofia View Post
I think we should do like last time. Make Rooty and Grinch work their arses off to get e few servers up and than no one goes on them

That was fun, a bit rude perhaps, but still fun!!

C'mon Grinch you can do IT!

Team anarchY Clan Leader

#UK2 and #[aY] on Quakenet IRC
LeonN is offline   Reply With Quote